Welcome to the World Class Assassins Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access to many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
WCA Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the World Class Assassins Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access to many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
WCA Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Trouble with my fps in cod4 B_160x400_T1_F-1-3
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 352 on Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:06 pm
Server Donation’s
This month donations: Razor => 5 Euro

Trouble with my fps in cod4

4 posters

Go down

Trouble with my fps in cod4 Empty Trouble with my fps in cod4

Post by razor955 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 pm

What a Face ok i want 2 know how can i increase my fps not just by lowering my graphic in cod...
I have 2gb of ram ddr2 and i have 512mb ddr2 that's not in my pc cuz my friend advised me not 2 put it in cuz it could have a negative effect(slower my pc) cuz it's big differnce between 2gb and 512mb...
Would it increase my fps if I put 512mb in my pc or not and how can i increase fps somehove else?
tnx What a Face Neutral :shock: Very Happy
razor955
razor955

Number of posts : 809

Back to top Go down

Trouble with my fps in cod4 Empty Re: Trouble with my fps in cod4

Post by Elsarild Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 pm

First of all, close all unessesary program (IM, antivirus so on)

second, your friend is wrong, toa point, the ekstra ram will make your system more unstable, but i will NOT make it slower, but since you got enougth ram to accauly handle the game itself, i suggest overclocking both you ram, cpu and graphic card if nessesay

I can't say any more before i know you complete specs, sorry

Elsarild

Number of posts : 578

Back to top Go down

Post by insane' Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 pm

dont overclock.. cuz u don't know how to Wink
and don't put that ram in either.. cuz there might be conflicts cuz of ram timings or something... take off unwanted background software.. perhaps time for a fresh OS install Wink

insane'

Number of posts : 974

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsarild Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Jayanath wrote:dont overclock.. cuz u don't know how to Wink
and don't put that ram in either.. cuz there might be conflicts cuz of ram timings or something... take off unwanted background software.. perhaps time for a fresh OS install Wink

Okay, don't mean to be rude, but on what ground did you just dismiss 2 out of my 3 idears to improve his preformance?

Elsarild

Back to top Go down

Post by razor955 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm

can't overclock i know how 2 but can't cuz i would actually overclock it and my pc...bb...
k i'll turn off all the unnecessery s*** and won't put ram.
tnx
razor955
razor955

Back to top Go down

Post by insane' Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:54 pm

oooops.. on the grounds from what I've heard...
Well i had to give him a tutorial on how to reset the graphics on cod4 and how that helps his FPS.. so i'm guessing he's not the overclocker type..
Seriously that ram can cause problems if its timings and s*** is way off.. and from a benchmark i saw that anything above 2gb ram doesn't give more than 2 fps..
Also I know his specs.. its definately to do with overused OS and spyware perhaps

insane'

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsarild Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Jayanath wrote:oooops.. on the grounds from what I've heard...
Well i had to give him a tutorial on how to reset the graphics on cod4 and how that helps his FPS.. so i'm guessing he's not the overclocker type..
Seriously that ram can cause problems if its timings and s*** is way off.. and from a benchmark i saw that anything above 2gb ram doesn't give more than 2 fps..
Also I know his specs.. its definately to do with overused OS and spyware perhaps

So as i understand you got a few benchmarks and some tutorials? how great i gotta work with a theorist? srsly, you can always use a benchmark, but only for looking at the system as a whole, if you pick one out it may be effected by servarl diffrent componants, there could be an energi saver, wrong socket, wrong motherboard, wrong driver (in rare cases) you can't base it on that.

you have to find the clock speed, the flops pr. min/hour, the hertz, before you can say if the timeing s off, and n any case it may crash 1 a 3th month, if i gain 2 fps more in stressed situations, i would do it, not that i have to.

Elsarild

Back to top Go down

Post by razor955 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 pm

...u had 2 give me tutorials cuz i didn't know about fps in cod4 and i didn't give a s*** until u told me about that hehe.
i can't always concentrate on my pc cuz i got lot of s*** in school and work...1week school 1 work...
razor955
razor955

Back to top Go down

Post by razor955 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:41 pm

ok ok i got it lol i'll rlly have 2 reinstall my windows but i'm 2 lazy but i'll do it probably soon...
u can close this topic hehe
razor955
razor955

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsarild Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Could you post your spec?

And before you do anything like reinstalling, try defragmentation, and search for a program calld Ccleaner, and ask it to make gutmann deletions of everything it find, and running anti virus (AVG preferred for free use) and a anti spware (Spybot search and destroy would do)

Elsarild

Back to top Go down

Post by razor955 Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 am

lol did all that seriusly + i have tune up 1-click maintance that solves some problems etc.
razor955
razor955

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsarild Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:09 am

You got ccleaner allread?

Well, then backup important stuf REMEBER YOU'RE PROFILE 0.O and do a complete deletion and start over

Elsarild

Back to top Go down

Post by insane' Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:51 am

wow.. so you're telling me that you'd risk the crash for 2 fps? o_0
I'm not basing everything on a benchmark and a tutorial. And by tutorial I meant that I had to strech my balls out so that he know's how to reduce his graphics (no offense to you razor jus tryin to emphasise my point)
I don't know why you have to start this s***.. I was only trying to help the guy -_-

insane'

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsarild Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:18 am

Yeah, i would, because it's very cheap to buy some new rams, and i figued i would just buy the last 1,5 GB of ram rather soon if i had the problem.

You woulnd't wanna know what I've done to this laptop just to make it run cod 4.

Elsarild

Back to top Go down

Post by razor955 Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:42 pm

lol ok guys tnx a lot but like i said u can close this topic...
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ close it, didn't wanna start an "arguing" like this lol
razor955
razor955

Back to top Go down

Post by Miljan Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:43 pm

OK this will be locked!!!
Miljan
Miljan

Number of posts : 816

Back to top Go down